|Cody F. S. Baker|
|Portrayed By||Meg Ryan|
|Date of Birth||November 11, 1973|
|Aliases||Call sign: "Ma" for Ma Baker.|
|Place of Birth||Coronado, CA, USA|
|Current Location||New York City, NY, USA|
|Occupation||Delta Force: Agent. Alpha Protocol: Hunter.|
|Known Relatives||Brig. Gen. F. Scott Baker (father), Mrs. Baker (mother).|
|Significant Other||Erin McCarty|
|Known Abilities||Taking Punishment Like a Pro|
|First Appearance||Hair Raising|
What little public record there is of Cody Baker states that she was a pilot in the USAF until her discharge in 1999. She served only 4 years with Ft. Bragg's 82nd Airborne Attack Helicopter Battalion. Since then she has taken odd jobs here and there, mostly piloting helicopters, some commercial some private. She is a fairly easy going woman that enjoys a good game of any kind that's on television at the local sports bar.
Cody Baker's early life was fairly normal, for an army brat. She was the only child of F. Scott Baker and his wife, who the girl knew only as Mommy. When Cody was 6, her mother perished as a result of a long bout with cancer. Cody was too young to grieve with the family and spent the day playing in her room with the new dolls that had people brought over for her. It was better than Christmas.
Although his daughter was the apple of his eye, F. Scott was uncertain of how to deal with a little girl on his own. They always needed so many things that men couldn't deal with, namely underwear, dresses, and eventually feminine products. So F. Scott hired various nannies and housekeepers to deal with the child until he was able to send her off to summer camp or her grandparents while school was out. This was the pattern that was continued until Cody's graduation from high school.
Cody wanted to follow in her father's footsteps, unfortunately it was a rule that women were not allowed into the Navy SEAL program. Not letting this deter her, the young woman enrolled into the USAFA. She was ambitious and driven, taking a double major in Military Strategic Studies and Operations Research. On top of that, she was a member of the 557th Flying Training Squadron. F. Scott was proud and every year Cody received a silver star to pin on her uniform.
Father and daughter did not see much of each other during the four years she was in college. For the first three years, Cody took part in USAFA's break exchange, traveling to England in her first year, Egypt in her second, and Jordan in her 3rd. By that time tension had built to critical mass in the Middle East, it was the place to be. Even though F. Scott was concerned, he allowed his daughter to go on a 1 year cultural exchange. So in 1994, Cody attended Al Akhawayn University in Morocco, it was supposed to be an experience of a lifetime. It was also where things began to go wrong.
It was an exciting time for Cody, though she had been away from home on multiple occasions, she had never been away for this long. Her studies and the added stress of learning two new languages were taking its toll and she began to notice some hair loss. Generally this would be attributed to a cadet's inability to handle the situation. Afraid that she would be dismissed from her program because of psychiatric problems Cody hid her hair loss by shaving her head almost bare. Two months later Cody was completely bald. Doctors in Casablanca were baffled, it certainly wasn't due to stress and they couldn't find any reason why it was happening. At her father's request, the senior cadet consented to come back to the USA and was tested for radiation and chemical poisoning. All tests came back inconclusive and the hair loss could not be explained.
Chaetokinesis, also known as Trichokinesis is the ability to psychically manipulate hair. One with this ability has the ability to animate his or her hair as well as the hair of others. One possessing this ability could control the growth, length, texture, width and strength of the hair of any creature with which the user comes in contact. One with this ability could not grow hair on a naturally hairless animal, but he could cause hair to fall off of a creature that normally has hair.
Cody's abilities utilize a combination of physical and psionic ability. It is a form of telekinesis that allows her to move her hair, but growing it quickly is a physical manifestation. Any rigidity that the hairs gain from a stunt are based on her telekinesis passed through physical touch. Should she lose physical contact with the hair, it goes back to its normal state, though it retains any added thickness it gained during growth. Furthermore, the ability is linked to her mental state. The happier she is, the easier it is for her to exercise her potential. If she is unhappy or stressed, it is nearly impossible to do anything aside from lose her hair or cause someone else to lose theirs.
The concentration that she requires to manipulate her hair directly affects what she can do outside of using her power. For the most part, she needs to keep completely still and in a serene state of mind in order to successfully use her stunts, aside from chemo which is her natural state of being. It is because her hair will always fall out if she is stressed or unhappy that Cody has become so easy going. She tries not to let anything bother her and practices meditation on a regular basis.
Though it is not directly a side effect of her ability, meditation and the fact that is necessary for her to control her emotional state, Cody has a certain degree of immunity to the effect of physical pain. This isn't because of any sort of heightened sense but simply because physical pain is the easiest to control and dull. Simple cuts, bruises and scrapes have little to no effect on her it is only in the case of a more severe trauma that she will stop and notice that she is actually hurt.
Cody has a voracious appetite and will eat just about anything that moves (or doesn't). This is because her body requires a lot of junk to keep up with her ability. She is addicted to chocolate, candy, coffee, anything food or drink that is 'bad' for her. The more preservatives and artificial ingredients in her food, the better it is for her ability. To this end, she always has pockets full of candy bars or the most unhealthy power bars in her possession.
Though Cody has known about her ability for over 14 years, she has only been practicing with it for about 10 and has become proficient with a small handful of what she's practiced in the last 5. At present time she has limited ability to affect another person's hair but a great ability to control her own.
These are the people in Cody's life that have made some sort of lasting impact. More will be added throughout Volume 5
**See what Erin did? She needs commissions
- Viva La Vida - Coldplay
- Blaze of Glory - Jon Bon Jovi
- Shiver - Natalie Imbruglia
- Vaseline - Stone Temple Pilots
- Secret Agent Man - Johnny Rivers
- Infected - Millionaire Seeks Lady
- Hero - Skillet
- "So, Pig, how about we get to business?" -To Chava in Hair Raising
- "Guesh wad? I med a freagin' hoddie the other day. Thoud aboud tagin' him in jushta shee how mudge he'd shcream." -To Jo in Removable Stress Relief
- "Damnit clown… now I know why you shitheads are always crying on the inside… because of bitches like me that get their game interrupted by you!" -To Jo in Have His Nuts
- "… and then the guy says 'You think I wanted a 12 inch pianist?'" -To Jo in Calling in the Geek Squad
- "Chocolate is a necessity that I'm not willing to part with. I'm not exactly scared of getting cellulite, if a little cottage cheese on my ass is enough to get me fired then I'll start caring about it." -To Tammy in Welcome To My Parlour (Part II)
- "Next time you might want to get a size bigger. I think that if I had a dime in my back pocket you'd be able to tell if it was heads or tails." -To Max in The Agent Wears Prada
- "Borderline illegal, I tells ya…" -To Jo in Jody!
- "She's got electric boobs! Some yermom fruits! -something- -something- magaziiiiiiiiine NO NO NO!!! B-b-b-bennie and the jetsssssss!!" -Singing in the shower in The Odd Couple
- "It's not as if I'm asking you to run drugs under the noses of Interpol, Miss Duffy. Your options here are rather limited. You can agree to my terms, or I can arrest you and turn you over for deportation." -To Tori in The English Job
- "No, Admiral Ackbar, I'm not a trap." -To Micah in For Justice!
- "Does a bear poop in the woods? Of course I'm hungry." -To Mark in Pizza, Beer, and Plans
- "Missing half of my what? Liver? I'd better not be, I mean there was that time in Mexico when I woke up in a tub of ice with a note telling me to seek medical attention, but I thought that was just a joke. You know?" -To Erin in Being Nicer and Going Viral
- "Okay, while we're at it, we'll just take out all the wife beaters and KKK members in Alabama or wherever the hell you're from." -To KeLyssa in Un-Cohesive
- "There's no way a goldfish could get the drop on a porcupine." -To Erin in The Show Must Go On
**Daphne is a great artist, commission her stuff!!
- Speaks Arabic, Farsi, Hebrew, French, and English.
- Can write in Sanskrit.
- Wears a set of dog tags around her neck with only a number on them. No name or rank.
- Will never admit to what her two middle names are. Don't even try to find out or guess.
- Doesn't own a car, never has and probably never will.
- Rides a bicycle everywhere she goes in the summer, uses the subway or the bus in the winter.
- LOVES any kind of sport…. except the wussy ones like figure skating and gymnastics.
- Doesn't think chess is a real sport either.
- Bunnies and kitties are like her kryptonite.
- There's a Meercody!! http://worldsaga.net/gallery/heroeskats/meercody
- Has Max's keys.