BILLY MAYS HERE FOR THE LEE JONES WHAT NEXT?! PROJECT
You've already seen the Lee Jones Plot Invention Method at work in your laundry, whitening and brightening your clothes, I mean giving you lots of cool plots for your characters, but now there's a NEW method out there, the last one told you how to make plots without staff, this one tells you how to make plots without /having any friends!/
The key to this kind of plot is this:
You must decide what about your character you want to change or show off.
This can be a power, it can be a relationship, it can be a belief or conviction, it can be a duty or occupation or skill. We'll call that your character trait.
1. Decide whether you want to change the trait or just show it off.
2. Either way, you need to put pressure on that trait.
BUT HOW YOU SAY?
It is very simple.
You have to screw things up.
- Relationships, just do something stupid, everyone does. Or ask the other person if they want to!
- Skills, you try to do something with your skill and you blow it, now you have to fix it.
- Belief, your belief puts you in trouble or does something terrible
- Duty, just FAIL
The plot is fixing your screwup!
3. Finally, once you have fixed your screwup, reaffirm the trait or how it has changed in a new scene.
ITS THAT SIMPLE
So "where do you want your character to go?" is the same question as "how do you want your character to screw up?"